lundi 13 mars 2023

A new week and a recipe.


 ( source: éphéméride seasonal calendar)

Hello Friends 

Today, I have an appointment to the clinic and the taxi is coming at 1PM to go to Rouen again.
Yesterday, I baked some « financiers ». and here is the recipe I used: 


Preheat oven th 6-7   200 degrees C

150gr sugar

130 gr butter

80gr almond powder

50gr flour

3egg whites


Mix the flour, almond powder, sugar 
Melt the butter until it has a hazelnut colour «  we call it beurre noisette » slightly brown.
Leave the butter to cool and then add it to the dry ingredients.
Beat the egg whites and add them  softly to all the ingredients .
 
Pour in small cake tins and bake for 15 mn  keeping an eye on them, they must get a golden colour. The time depends on the cakes sizes. Makes about eleven cakes. 



They were very good! Mr L ate most of them! I had no time to put them in a box!

My daughter and her husband are still in Costa Rica 

They are coming back after two weeks on Friday.
They have seen lots of animals in the different National Parks .

Yesterday, I could not have my Skype time with Maxime, unfortunately his teeth are coming out and he was not feeling well ( he will have six teeth and 11 months, going soon to the nursery while his mum is working.

This vintage suitcase 🧳 I will use for a DIY




A different scene from this one, I am still thinking about it? 

6 commentaires:

  1. I hope your medical appointment goes well today. Good luck. Those cakes of yours look great. Thanks for the recipe. Is it also very windy where you are? It is stormy here in the Netherlands.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hello Catherine,
    Thanks for the recipe.
    I hope, that all is OK at the clinic. I also hope that Maxime's teeth will come out soon without much pain.
    It's 16 degrees here and there's no wind.
    We have just come from a coffe shop, but I'm drinking another cup of coffee at home.:)
    All the best, Éva

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. It sounds like you are doing well. Your mind is back to baking and creating.
    I still have much pain because I can't take Oxycodone, but I am managing. It's a three month process.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. your cakes look lovely, the recipe ingredients sound de"light"ful!! i like your suitcase project, it looks like fun!! i don't know anything about your health issues as we are just getting to know each other. good luck at your clinic appointment!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. The recipe sounds good!
    I hope your trip to the clinic went well.
    Poor little Maxime, I hope those teeth come in soon.
    Thanks for the suitcase information. It's going to take a bit but I'm going to be on the lookout for some things like that.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. The financiers look delicious! Your husband must very much enjoy your baking.
    I mentioned the beautiful flower photos from Costa Rica in another post and thought it was your daughter-in-law who sent them, but now I see that it's your daughter who is there. Sorry for the mix-up.

    RépondreSupprimer

Garden and countryside.

Today, I had to go back to the shop we bought our table and chairs. The delivery man yesterday said I had to go back to the shop, something ...