dimanche 14 mai 2023

First roses and Happy Mother’s Day!







I will have two flowers!


Today, we have 19C and my husband cooked a barbecue for me with row carrot salad and asparagus.

I only baked an apple 🥧 pie.

It was difficult for me to go food shopping  🛒 yesterday, I really feel very tired, but I had to help him to select the items we needed. We did shopping for two weeks and if I need anything else I will use the shop delivery. My husband gifted me a tulip bouquet, I love the colours!
I rescued a peony from the super market that was at a very low price because they don’t water them. If not sold they die!

I give it 1litre and a half water and my husband is going to plant it this afternoon.


 This is the peony in better condition.

Now I am resting and my husband is gone to the garden centre 

« Desjardins » to get me a confortable outdoor recliner.

I could not go with him, not feeling good enough today.

I will be able to read outside with a blanket when it is chilly.

The first roses are blooming and it is the first time my Xmas white Amaryllis will flourish again. I am waiting for my outdoor recliner, my husband phoned me and found a light grey one! I will be able to sit confotably out side!


5 commentaires:

  1. Sitting comfortably outside sounds lovely.
    This week we got our patio all cleaned up and planted and now the outdoor furniture is cleaned and in place for our Mothers Day gathering. It was a lot of work but it looks good and is ready for me to "sit comfortably" too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. The tulips look nice. It must have been good to get flowers from your husband.:)
    I am sorry that you do not feel good enough today. I wish you all the best and speedy recovery.
    The roses are nice.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Happy Mothers Day! Your flowers are so pretty. I love tulips and also got a tulip bouquet.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. A very chic lounging seat! We used to go to Desjardins when we lived in Brittany, they were very good in those days. I get very cross with supermarkets' treatment of plants. I'm glad you rescued the peony.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Very nice reclining chair for comfortable sitting outside enjoying the lovely roses! Hopefully soon you'll feel much better.
    I hope your rescued peony thrives. I feel sorry for all the neglected plants in stores that don't water them.

    RépondreSupprimer

Good Luck! 🍀

 Hello Friends, This month of May here is a month of many Bank holidays beginning by the 1rst of May . The first of May in our country we ex...