vendredi 19 mai 2023

Shopping morning and relaxed afternoon!

The trees in the garden have all their leaves
This morning I just popped in the garden center, I had a  10 euros voucher and  15 per cent off on my favourite item, so I choose this one. This is a plant that needs trimming.
This is not « Room with a view, but shed with a view!)


 Hello Friends,

Today, we are very tired after working hard yesterday!

My husband is going to work today and tomorrow morning and then we will continue our work tomorrow.

Today, I must go shopping for our barbecues. The weather being fine but not very hot, but to work it is better than high temperatures.

Then I must get a rug for the shed and paint the vintage ladder which I have put inside it.

We decided to make a little terrace in front of it , I have kept some ground where the robot does not go and will plant some flowers. On each side there are already two white rose bushes.

( Linda asked me what I am going to do inside?

Well, I will do some drawing, painting and reading . The shed Bering at the back of the house in the middle of the fields, this will be a quiet place to relax!)

But before we have a lot to work hard  on the outside!

The story of the shed. This was for my children and in Summer I used to sleep in it with them and their friends, when they wanted. I think it was not safe to leave them alone, ( I could not sleep at all, but they slept well )

Then in December 1999 just the day after Xmas we had a big tornado ( the first time we had one here)and I was awakened by the terrible noise of the wind , look by the window and saw the shed lifted in the air and violently coming down! After that it was all twisted! We had to repair it , insulated it and re roofed it. But we don’t want a new one, too much souvenirs in it!

I May paint the floor, we will see!

No dead baby birds this morning. We give plenty of food to the parents and plenty of water, but there are less and less insects and maybe not enough food for the babies. I noticed this phenomenon since about three years. We have bird flue in France, but not here  in our department  and the parents would die too…but we have Asian hornets 🐝 

I had  already one three times in the house! There must be a nest somewhere.

We will have to equip our windows with mosquito nets before Maxime’s comes here!

I found a cover for our garden table, but it is too big , I phoned the shop and will change it tomorrow for a smaller one. I also found a rug for the shed.

This afternoon is rest afternoon, before we  continue our work tomorrow. Relax in my new recliner outside with Bandit.

3 commentaires:

  1. It is so pleasing to have a 'shed/studio/workshop!' I dont like the sound of your Asian hornets, be careful!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Your shed has quite a history, and more to come. Thanks for answering some of my questions.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. What an interesting history your shed has. I can see why you want to keep it even if it involves quite a bit of work.
    Your Asian hornets would certainly scare me. Be careful.

    RépondreSupprimer

Good Luck! 🍀

 Hello Friends, This month of May here is a month of many Bank holidays beginning by the 1rst of May . The first of May in our country we ex...