vendredi 13 janvier 2023

« Oranais » pastry.



 
(Source pinterest)

I love these pastry called «  les Oranais » it’s name comes from « Oranie » in Algeria were they cultivated apricots. This is made of puff pastry, vanilla « crème pâtissière and apricots. It’s a simple pastry but very good if you like apricots. I loved them when I was a child and went to the Boulangerie before going to  catechism It was my favourite with pear and almond tartelette called   « Amandine aux poires »

Today, I will try to make some for the first time! Let see what it will be like… 
My Oranais are baked! I have added some apricot jam to glaze them to be shiny.
I used ready made puff pastry I made my « crème pâtissière »  put some in my squares three apricot and fold the past glaze with egg yolk bake for 20 mn /  180C      Leave them to cool glaze with apricot jam and icing sugar!



I will have one with my afternoon cup of tea!

3 commentaires:

  1. Those "oranais" are absolutely perfect, Catherine! How delicious they must be. These are pastries that are new to me, and so beautiful! Did you use tinned apricots?

    RépondreSupprimer

Good Luck! 🍀

 Hello Friends, This month of May here is a month of many Bank holidays beginning by the 1rst of May . The first of May in our country we ex...