mercredi 4 janvier 2023

Souvenirs






As I have to empty my mother’s flat I found some old 
Church books , old family watches and my father’s medals. He was a volunteer fireman and received a medal when he went to the cathedral of Rouen during the Second World War. The other medal is for his hard work and the pin is his fireman pin.
I decided to collect them under a glass cloche instead of leaving them in a box.
I also had a vintage man collar that I added to the “ mise en scene” now I have to add light inside and then the souvenirs will take live!
I am taking Christmas decorations back in their boxes until next year!
 

I am preparing to bake “small orange cakes”  from the book “ tea time at Downton Abbey”

I have already baked some and they are delicious 😋 








2 commentaires:

  1. Ooooh! I love the things from your moms house. Displaying those books, watches and medals in the cloche is perfect.
    The old typewriter is also so charming.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a great way to display the things from your mother's home. Mementos of the past to treasure. The orange cakes look delicious!

    RépondreSupprimer

Good Luck! 🍀

 Hello Friends, This month of May here is a month of many Bank holidays beginning by the 1rst of May . The first of May in our country we ex...