vendredi 27 janvier 2023

A story and a souvenir







Today I went to look at my Facebook and I saw a picture of Kyoto under the snow ( from places to see before you die) and it reminded me of my stays in Japan and how lucky I am to have visited the country!
My first stay was at 18 when I met a Japanese girl as we were “Au Pairs” in England. We became friends and she stayed in France for some months before going back to her country. Then we decided we will meet again and I worked two years during my  holidays in a bank and then could pay my plane fare to Japan.
She took me ( her name is Masako) to kyoto and I fall in love with the place!  I stayed two months in Tokyo.
Then  for my 60 th Birthday I received a plane ticket to go to Japan by myself I stayed with a family this time in Kyoto and the third time we went together with my husband. My two children also stayed in Japan đŸ‡ŻđŸ‡” for a road tour. The whole family went to Japan and I am glad my children had the opportunity to visit such a beautiful country!
Now Masako is married and has two children like me a girl and a boy. This is a very good souvenir!





(Source: places to see before you die) this steep little road is beautiful 

 


I love this statue with this elderly people 





3 commentaires:

  1. Thank you for sharing your memories and the lovely photos.

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer
  2. Such beautiful photos! You are blessed to have done all this traveling!

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer
  3. I have heard that Japan is a lovely place to visit, and your photos confirm that. Thanks for sharing your memories. It must have been a long flight from France to get to Japan.

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer

Preparing…

This morning I am preparing our children and grandchildren arrival, as we don’t know yet the date of their arrival. June or July? I bought a...