jeudi 5 janvier 2023

Vintage picture from Normandy




As you may know, I am from Normandy. The region of apples, cider, Calvados, butter, milk and cream… and cows! Once I went to a thrift store and was looking for a vintage frame. When home I took the picture out and discovered this card board picture which had been used  to be the back of it. It was a surprise for me to find such a big vintage picture.  This was on an agricultural competition the ox ( or beef???) had won a price.



 

4 commentaires:

  1. I'm struck by how small that woman looks beside the huge ox. Will you keep the picture?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I think Normandy is beautiful! I grew up on a farm with lots of cattle. That is a beautiful cow. What a fun find!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. When we visited Normandy, we admired the cows and the lush green fields they were in. My grandfathers both had cows and I enjoyed seeing them up close on the farms when I was very young.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. It's so very pastoral where you live. I remember Normandy being so unspoiled by modern hotels and shopping centers and housing developments. At least along the coast it has been preserved to the time of WWII.

    RépondreSupprimer

Good Luck! 🍀

 Hello Friends, This month of May here is a month of many Bank holidays beginning by the 1rst of May . The first of May in our country we ex...