lundi 27 février 2023

Scottish trip and shortbreads.

Hello Friends ! 
 Today, I decided to bake Scottish Shortbreads.
I haven’t baked them for a long time.I like when there is a nice baking cookie smell in the house!
I made them in a round shape and stamped them with »Biscuits Maison » «  home made cookies »
This is a vintage big morning coffee and milk cup.
I like the flowers on it, makes me think of Spring and Summer!
Nice Dausies


 

I think it must be dating back to the 50’s it is numbered and comes from the Digiin fabric.
I also love it’s soft colours.

Last night I had a look at the sky, they said on tv that we could see Aurora Borealis but could not see anything. We had to look north towards the North Pole 
It’s a rare phenomenon coming from the pole which could be seen in North of France, but best in Scotland.
  Making my Shortbreads made me think of my trip in the Highlands!
I went twice to Scotland and the last time was a mother and son trip, before he went to live in Dubaï.
We rented a car and went in small hotels, castles. Lighthouse and B&Bs. I drove 2000kms, we started from Inverness and went all round the Highlands.
I had not driven on the left side for long and it takes time for your brain to adapt, but they drive very quickly and the people did not understand why in a Scottish car I was not driving so fast and they  became nervous behind my car! So the next day, I decided to make a placard and stick it at the back window, saying. “Beware french driver!” And then all the drivers became very friendly and took care behind my car! ( they surely were scared! 😆)
Just a little piece of card board and a funny explanation.
Afterwards I drove as fast as the others after two days!
We also went on the Hebrides to a distillery.




My daughter has ordered this little book made with our pictures for us.








This is the view from the lighthouse garden


We went on Loch Ness with a small glass of Wisky
And visited a distillery. We had fun together!




He just climbed up the mountain. It was in the “ Munros”  Highlands mountains and he was very pleased! We had a nice trip and I am glad we did it because for 14 years now I can see him only twice a year.
Precious pictures and precious moments!

4 commentaires:

  1. Dear Catherine,
    It was great to read about your adventure in Scotland. I can imagine how difficult it must be to drive on the left. You solved it very creatively by sticking the poster. :)
    The cake is beautiful and it can certainly be delicious.
    Hugs, Eva

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oh, what a fun trip with your son!! Why is he in Dubai? Hope you get to see him soon.
    hugs
    Donna

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Bonjour Catherine,
    What a delightful trip to Scotland you enjoyed with your son all those years ago. It looks like a very beautiful country. I think your idea of putting a sign in the back window of the car was very good! If we ever return to Great Britain it would be a good thing to do!
    Your shortbreads look beautiful with that stamp.

    RépondreSupprimer

My yellow peony

New outside rug! New table and chairs for the family. When opened it is for 8 people. Today as during the beginning of the month it is raini...