lundi 20 février 2023

Baking, travelling and gardening!

(Source : Laduree book edt Chêne and Larousse edt)
These are the books I have been looking at last night and they gave me the idea of making Macaroons again.

This morning I had a look at the little scrapbooking I did when coming back from Japan.





I love this picture of a statue representing the family.
There is one on the wall in the entrance .

I went once to « Laduree” in Paris to taste it’s pastry
They are very good and very famous.
It was when my son and daughter in law were studying in Paris. We often went there , but I did not like to drive  in the traffic jams all the time!

Yesterday, I went for a garden tour and noticed the white Camélia was going to bloom and has so many flowers!
The first daffodil of the year
Hellebores. They have suffered from our last very hot and dry Summer.

 First pink Camélia flower.

This week I must get some nourishment for the peonies  they need some especially the new Japanese one I had for my Birthday last year. All our plants have suffered a lot even some died because of last Summer’s heat .
Tomorrow “Nono”the robot comes back from its wintering and will cut the grass before the mole come back. Next door all the sheep are gone we won’t have any cute lamb’s birth this year! It looks so empty!
Last night, I had a look at my “Laduree” baking book and had the idea of making some lemon Macaroons
I also made some salted caramel ones! 😋 

5 commentaires:

  1. Oh the macarons look wonderful! And your scrapbooking items from Japan are lovely!
    hugs
    Donna

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. awe !!!! your macaroons look sooo delightful dear Catherine :)
    loved the look
    you are incredible artist indeed ,i absolutely loved your scrapbook art .
    japan has great appeal for visitors

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I love that little family statue! Your macaroon making is very impressive.
    Hooray for signs of Spring. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Your book of Japan memories is a good way to relive your trip. Signs of spring are very welcome now, but your flowers are ahead of ours.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Your flowers are at the same place as mine. The same camellias are starting to bloom.

    RépondreSupprimer

My yellow peony

New outside rug! New table and chairs for the family. When opened it is for 8 people. Today as during the beginning of the month it is raini...