mercredi 15 février 2023

Spring cleaning 🧹 🧽 “L’Armoire de Mamie”

The pictures did not come in the order I wanted!
(Source: Ouest France)
(Source: France Loisirsl)
(Source:éditions Solar)


Hello Friends.

Before I began my painting kitchen cabinets, I made this Mother of pearl vintage buttons heart.
A vintage vase with snowdrops and Hellebores from the garden.
I had a lot of Hellebores but with this last Summer very hot weather a lot of them died despite the constant watering.

 Here is one of my favorite!

Today, last day of sun, tomorrow
 it will be grey and rainy, but we need  rain ☔️ we are in Normandy !
I painted half of the cabinets ( the lower part is done) 
Today the top ones must be done. I hope to finish by the end of the week.
Tomorrow  I will have a rest and have my hair cut
😮‍💨 
« Spring cleaning! »  I love books about granny’s recipes.
Cleaning, washing and cooking I had these books for many years, but I always find new tips in them.
They are up to date with the ecological movement nowadays.
The real « Savon de Marseille » is very useful in Spring cleaning! This is the real one, the real recipe.



(source : Ouest France éditions)this book is presented in a a vintage  Armoire  (cabinet)


(source: « Secrets de Grand Mère » France Loisirs)
(Source. « Aujourd’hui comme Autrefois » les nouveaux secrets de famille. Éditions Solar)
I remember using this  carpet beater to clean the carpets  and take the dust off. We also cleaned the copper pans
And the ought to be very shiny!

I have already cleaned the windows, took the spider webs off the beams ( all the time!)
I will have the carpets cleaned, but later in Spring.
Did you start your Spring cleaning yet?

5 commentaires:

  1. I try to clean as I go...every day, I clean Something.
    Love all the books!
    hugs
    Donna

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. i do my "heavy" cleaning during the winter, always, a little at a time. while i am home much more during the winter, it makes sense to do it then. i don't want to be stuck inside when it is nice outside.

    your craft creations are beautiful!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I don't do spring cleaning. We do some house cleaning every week. Deep cleaning happens once in a while when there is a reason.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I love your heart! Everything you make is always so pretty.
    I don't do Spring cleaning, just have a schedule for cleaning. However, I've been cleaning and purging and organizing for a few months.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Those books look so interesting. I've read about savon de Marseille, and it is available by mail order here. Do you use it for everything?
    This week I cleaned the doors of the kitchen cabinets, but I'm not going to do much spring cleaning because in a few weeks the kitchen will be torn apart and made ready for the new one.
    The mother of pearl button heart is so pretty!

    RépondreSupprimer

My yellow peony

New outside rug! New table and chairs for the family. When opened it is for 8 people. Today as during the beginning of the month it is raini...