jeudi 29 avril 2021

Late Spring and Norwegian memories.






 Hello Friends,

This was last year’s photos end of April and this year nothing 
Has come out yet!! Too cold



You know the book about the places you must see in your life,
This one is certainly in the book!
But for me I had to absolutely see it!
The boat you see on the picture was our’s.
We flew from Paris to Copenhagen and then embarked on the cruise boat and sailed on the Norwegian coast. We went to Geiranger the place I wanted to see once in my life!
This is a beautiful view of the fjord , I should say a fantastic view!
While on the boat we saw lots of fjords, cascades...
Then a place I liked was Stavanger with it’s narrow streets and little white houses.
Then, a very nice place was Bergen.
We took free time and went to have lunch on the fish market.
We visited the old streets with it’s wooden houses, I enjoyed it very much.



This is our boat. I am not very fond of cruises nowadays, too big boats, too many people. The first one I did was in Greece a long time ago now and the size of the boat was reasonable and it was a very friendly atmosphere on board.
This is my point of view....
Norway and Denmark are beautiful places to visit. Before the pandemic we had the project to go to Norway but this time rent a car a visit by ourselves.
The cruises allowed us to see the coast and see places we would like to go back to visit.
I will continue to dream about my travel to Norway! 
And I wish you a good week end.

This was the four of us on our first cruise.... a long time ago!!!
 
The family j’has a new member ! The father with his blue  shorts.

5 commentaires:

  1. Oh my, you have a gorgeous garden, and live in such a beautiful place!! I have never been on a ship. I love your sweet bunny family! How special to have a comment from France!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. My husband and I are both of Scandinavian heritage. We took the most wonderful trip about ten years ago, driving from Copenhagen across the Oresund bridge to Malmo, Sweden, up and around Sweden, including Stockholm, located some distant cousins, across into Norway, Oslo, Trondheim, a ferry boat through the fiords, located more ancestral villages, then took the ferry back to Denmark and across Denmark back to Copenhagen. It was amazing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I hope you can take your dream trip to Norway in the near future. I enjoyed seeing the picture of your family taken a few years ago.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I hope spring soon arrives in your garden, Catherine.
    Your photos of Norway are beautiful. I would like to visit the Scandinavian countries one day.
    We have taken one large sea-going cruise - to Alaska. It was enjoyable, but there were so many people. Since then we've done two river cruises (the Seine was one of them, and the Danube the other) and we very much prefer the smaller boats and fewer people. When we travel to Europe, we like to spend at least three weeks because the flights are costly, and if we do a river cruise that is a highlight for me. So luxurious!
    Your bunny family is growing - as real bunny families do!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Last years flowers were beautiful!
    You trip sounds wonderful. We've never taken a cruise, I like my feet on the ground! :)

    RépondreSupprimer

Happy Easter 🐣 !

Who is under this blanket? Bandit my dog 🐕 and this is how I feel today! As I had covid at Xmas I am not well for Easter ! I still am shive...