dimanche 25 avril 2021

Afternoon out of home.










 Hello Friends

Yesterday, my husband drove me to the hairdresser.
The hairdressers, flower shops and bookshops are now considered as essential shops, so they remained open during the lockdown.
It was nice to see some people and be able to chat a little bit.
Only four people are admitted at the same time in the shop.
I took a quick picture of the church. Strange architecture is’n it?
Looks sa if it was not finished to build!
The place is called Le Neubourg . The biggest market of  the area takes place here.
The first part is dedicated to smallproducers and home grew vegetables, home bred hens, rabbits...
In the other side of the church clothes, wool...
Then fruits, vegetables , fish and meat.
At the end hens, ducks,chicks...
After the hairdresser we went to our favorite shop to get good products that we can’t get from our nearest supermarket.

We also bought lemons from Menton south of France, little babas in lemon cello, raspberry vinegar, olive oil honey herbs for salad and barbecue , Corsica clementine jam.
And then my favorite English cheeses Stilton and Cheddar.
We will try to cook with the barbecue , but today it is nice but windy so we’ll have to eat inside!





Grandma’s cake!
I found this recipe in a magazine
And I thought I could do it this Sunday for our barbecue.
From the magazine « Ma campagne » 



4 commentaires:

  1. I think the Grandmother Cake will be delicious. How usual it looks. I like what you decided to buy. At first I thought the lemons were artificial, they are so big and perfect!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. The things you bought looks very good and delicate. Today I am going to the hairdresser, it is 5 months since last time! It has been open, but I didn't want to go before I had got the vaccine. Today the shops in our town open up again after 6 weeks lockdown. And I'm going to shop big, I need a spool of black thread :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Your market outing resulted in some lovely looking produce. Lemons add so much to the flavour of so many things. The Grandma cake looks delicious and interesting.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I like the look of that old church. I find old buildings much more attractive than newer styles.
    The Grandmother cake looks good. I imagine it also tasted good.

    RépondreSupprimer

Garden and countryside.

Today, I had to go back to the shop we bought our table and chairs. The delivery man yesterday said I had to go back to the shop, something ...