vendredi 9 avril 2021

Back in time with Flaubert





 Hello Friends

This year it is the year of Flaubert our Normand writer , he wrote
Madame Bovarysme. Films have been made from the book.
For my son’s wedding I have hired a caleche from the owner of the kennel my dog use to stay. He has horses and is champion of France of horse carriage.
The town of Rouen ( Normandy) has asked him for a film to illustrate the Flaubert year.
So this is him and his horses in front of Rouen’s Cathedral.
I love this cathedral I would like to show it to you but because of our successive lockdowns  it is impossible for the moment.

This is it at my son’s wedding.
I have been in it and I love it, the clicking of the horse’s steps
You are really going back in time!
I wish you a nice weekend.

6 commentaires:

  1. Wat romantisch en sprookjesachtig om als bruidspaar per koets naar de kerk te gaan.
    Er zijn 3 geluiden die als muziek in mijn oren klinken, het getrappel van paardenhoeven, geluiden van kippen(die echt iets te zeggen hebben) en het geluid van voetstappen over grind.
    Het is al weer 21 jaar geleden dat ik opweg naar ons vakantie adres in Normadië langs de prachtige gotische kathedraal in Rouen kwam, die toen veel indruk op mij maakten.

    Fijn weekeind en lieve groet,
    Ger

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Such beautiful horses. It must have been very nice to go with this carriage for the wedding. A lovely couple! I have not read the book Madam Bovary. I saw that it should have been as a theater play on a Norwegian theater right now, but the performances have been canceled because of lockdown. I will love to see the Rouen Cathedral when time is back to normal. Wish you a nice weekend

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I like the photo of your son's wedding.:) I must have been very a nice event.
    Hugs: Éva

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I have been to the Cathedral at Rouen. It was indeed memorable, as was walking the old streets there. A carriage ride would have been wonderful.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Such a beautiful place. I love the carriages too. I bet it was a gorgeous wedding.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. So generous of you to have hired that carriage for your son's wedding. Such a beautiful and unique touch, always remembered.

    RépondreSupprimer

A very busy Sunday!

Yesterday was a busy working day!  We got up early and I baked a pear and caramel cake and baked stuffed sweet potatoes for lunch, my daught...