mercredi 21 avril 2021

Japanese gardens.
























 Hello Friends,

As many of you like gardens and gardening, today I will show you Japanese gardens.

I went three times in Japan, the first time I was 19.

I had been « Au pair » in England and met a Japanese girl whose name is Masako at the language school.

She came to stay in France with my family before she left, and two years later  I could buy a plane ticket with the money I earned with my summer job in a bank.

The second time was for my 60 th birthday, my children bought me a ticket and I payed the stay. I chose to stay in a Japanese typical home. With Airbnb. I stayed with a treacher at Kyoto university. 

This time I stayed in Kyoto, the first time I stayed in Tokyo for two months.

And the third time I went with my husband in kyoto and Nara.

I love Japanese gardens, I find them very peaceful and relaxing places. They have no flowers, but different kinds of trees , different shapes and greens.

The water is part of the garden and bridges ( like in Monet’s garden in Giverny)

Those we visit were garden shrines or temples.

I hope you enjoyed the visit!

8 commentaires:

  1. I enjoyed the visit.:) I like your writing and the photos, too. I've heard that the Japanese gardens are good places for relaxing and meditation.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I did. Thank you. I have not been to Japan but i have visited many beautiful Japanese gardens here in the US.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Mooi verhaal en foto's van je bezoek aan Japan en de tuinen. Ik ben nog nooit in Japan geweest, maar heb wel eens een Japanse tuin bezocht.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Japanese gardens are so calming. How lovely that you stayed with a family, much more authentic than hotels.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I very much enjoyed the beautiful Japanese gardens and the little deer! My nephew lives and works in Japan. He decided to move there right out of college, and learned Japanese in preparation. Now he is a big-shot over there in Tokyo and have a lovely Japanese wife and a little girl!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I love these gardens too. They are different with no flowers, but so peaceful and serene. Looks like the deer like them too.
    How nice that you were able to visit 3 times.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I love the calm beauty and serenity of Japanese gardens. I've not been to Japan but my daughter lived there several years, teaching English, so I have lots of photos :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Japanese gardens are so full of peace and tranquility. How wonderful to have been able to travel there to see those lovely places. The deer peering around the stone is very sweet.

    RépondreSupprimer

Preparing…

This morning I am preparing our children and grandchildren arrival, as we don’t know yet the date of their arrival. June or July? I bought a...