mercredi 7 avril 2021

Blue in the house.







 Hello Friends

Last night it has been snowing and it is cold today.

I like the light blue colour very much and I found these pictures on « Charming Decoration » I follow them on Facebook.
It is very inspiring for indoor and outdoor decoration.
When I do some decoration , it’ s mostly on a budget decoration.
I re use, re paint...
I used to do the paint and wallpaper in the house .
The harder piece for me was painting the cieling.
In the living room we have beams and in between the previous owners had put some red sort of mural carpet. In Normand houses 
In the past they often painted red in between the beams which made the rooms very dark. So I took all off and painted white
Which was a hard job.
In the living room we have an entire tree in the middle of the cieling . 

I hope you enjoyed the pictures and I wish you a good day.

8 commentaires:

  1. Dat moet een hele klus geweest zijn, boven je macht werken op de ladder is altijd vermoeiend wanneer het geen dagelijks werk is.
    Blauw.......bij mij in huis is het blauw op elke meter.
    Kijk maar op mijn blogpost: opgeknapte keukentje

    Het ga je goed,
    liefs,Ger

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a unique ceiling! I think it looks wonderful with the white paint instead of red. I agree, it is very hard to paint ceilings. Keeping the arms lifted up is tiring. I don't think I could do it anymore. We have dark beams, like logs, called "vigas" in our Southwestern-style home. It is "the style" to leave them dark.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. It looks like it was a hard work to paint the ceiling, but I am sure it was worth doing. I have also done most of the decorating in our home. The blue inspiration pictures are beautiful.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Your spring plants are shivering in the snow!
    What a beautiful beamed ceiling.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I love that grey-blue colour too. I once knew a woman who collected ornaments and things in that shade of blue as she loved it so much. It is a very calming and serene colour.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. The white is nicer for the ceiling, but a lot of work.
    I love the light blue pictures.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. The big wooden beams are amazing. I like the contrast that white creates and I can see why a dark red would make the room darker.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Blue is my favourite colour, too. Your wooden beams in the living room add a lot of character, and I would prefer white to red on the ceiling, too. What a lot of work.

    RépondreSupprimer

A cold and Easter chocolate.

Hello Friends! Since a few days I was not feeling well. Tomorrow I was very cold with fever I thought it was my fifth covid! But my husband ...