lundi 14 août 2023

A big cleaning before holidays!

We had a very busy day putting everything back after our big carpet cleaning and we decided at the same time  to donate some of our belongings…clothes, books…

A big work! But you feel much better when it is done!

I am feeling better at the moment, so better do it now!

We had a beautiful sun this morning as you can see and 14C this morning, 25C this afternoon I will be able to read a little in my recliner outside.

Our holidays are approaching, so I must get rest in between if I want to be able to go.

Tomorrow is the 15 th of August and a bank holiday, my husband will be home and we will continue our work together, he is of a great help now, I must admit.

I had a chat in baby language with Maxim yesterday, he was singing a nursery rhyme         And says “up and down” 

Next week her other grandmother is leaving and he is now going to the nursery all day now while his mother is working.

Here is the beginning  of our new  sorting out.

I have spent all morning! No need to keep clothes you think you’ll wear them one day again…

I had to try in front of the mirror and it is not an easy thing to do, weight, aging… but it is necessary and it is a satisfaction to know that other people will wear them.

At the moment I am on a little pause watching  “Miss Marple”. 

Do you also find difficulties to sort out your closets? My husband tried yesterday with his books, but I find him reading 📖 😆 instead of sorting out his books!





My small closet and…

I also did the scarves and next step bags and magazines.

5 commentaires:

  1. Good for you! I was doing a lot of that sorting, and it's not easy! But then my Dad passed away and my time has been taken in other things. I need to get back at it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I do find it difficult sorting and culling clothing. I'm putting it off for another day. :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I've found that getting rid of your older clothes isn't a good thing. Several years from now, they'll be back in style, or you'll once again fit in them nicely. Same for shoes.
    Stay well for your trip!
    hugs
    Donna

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. It's especially hard to give away books. Like your husband I find myself finding books I want to reread instead of donating.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I have some old clothes. I've lost weight lately and can use them again. I got rid of the very old ones and now I have free place.

    RépondreSupprimer

No painting today, but a nice outing !

The beautiful apron I found today! I love it! A  A soy candle Today, it is warm and sunny. I should have done some painting… but we decided ...