lundi 21 août 2023

A bad week start…

Hello Friends, 

This is a bad start of the week for me!

I decided to paint an old chair to see the effect of “ Vintage paint” on fabric ( as you can paint on fabric with it) actually I painted on velvet, but needs three coats, but as I was on my little gardening bench ( last night my husband did something with the legs) I always make sure after he touches something that it is ok) but forgot before painting and suddenly one leg of the bench went out and I fall right on my back with my paint all over the floor! But the worst is I had a back surgery and knees surgery ( they have cut the back of three vertebra) and it is very difficult to get back on my feet again. It took me about 20 minutes to manage and  try and try again!

I am in my recliner to get better and phoned  my husband (well he made the mistake and now phone me often to see how I feel)

I gave a second youth to the chair  but not to me 😆 !

Today, I feel very Old! Twenty minutes on the floor is long! And I did not have my I watch on this morning, so I could phone my husband.

My wish is to go on holidays soon and rest by the sea!

Yesterday, we had a very nice barbecue with our children. We may organise holidays next year in the Netherlands with my daughter and husband, they will go cycling and we will have all the luggage in our car and meet each night at a B&B, I think that would be a great idea!

At the moment I am going to take a pain killer !

I hope your week will be better than mine!




 

4 commentaires:

  1. Hello Catherine, I am so sorry that you had an accident. I wish you all the best!
    Enjoy the holidays by the sea! I am looking forward to reading your report.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oh Catherine! I'm sorry. It's crazy how something that happens so fast, really causes issues.
    Praying you are soon feeling back to normal!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. So sorry about your fall. With two back surgeries and two hip surgeries I am very careful about falling, but still it happened.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I'm sorry you fell and are now in more pain. I'm sorry for the awful mess you had to clean up too. I hope as the week progresses you feel better.

    RépondreSupprimer

No painting today, but a nice outing !

The beautiful apron I found today! I love it! A  A soy candle Today, it is warm and sunny. I should have done some painting… but we decided ...