mercredi 19 mai 2021

Tall ships’ meeting in Normandy









 Hello Friends,

Every four years in Rouen, there is a tall ships meeting.
It last ten days and the next one should be in 2023.
Tall ships from all over the world are gathering in Rouen.
Our favorite is the Mexican one The Guatemoc. The sailors are standing and singing when passing in front of a village along the river Seine.People are gathering all along the river’s banks waiting for the ships to come it depends on the tides to sail because of the sailing under the bridges in order to have enough room for their masts.
The second ship is the Russian one “the Mir” a school ship.
We had the opportunity  to sail on it for a whole day, at the end of the meeting. We went down the river Seine to the sea and went under this bridge.
The second bridge is an opening bridge in Rouen to enable the ships to sail in the harbour.







We can visit the ships and there are big festivals of music at nights and big fireworks each day.
It made good souvenirs for all of us, but especially for my children. 
( the last pictures are from the net)


Yesterday, my first drive since September, I went to this village and took pictures of a typical Normand house.

5 commentaires:

  1. I hope you are well after your first drive since September.
    The photos of a Normand house and ships are nice. You always have nice pictures.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. There is a tall ship get together in our town some years, too. I don't know if some of the same ones come. They are beautiful with their jutting prows and billowing sails. To see them come up the Seine and have sailors singing would be an amazing experience.
    I'm glad your first drive went well.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Wow! We live near the great lakes in Michigan and they occasionally have tall ship festivals too. I find them fascinating - like stepping back in time!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I am continually in awe of where you live. And I thank you deeply for sharing information and photos of it, as I will never get to see it in person. Such history, such beauty.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I can just see those wonderful tall ships in the Rouen harbor.

    RépondreSupprimer

My collection.

The peonies is slowly opening, it is long because we don’t have enough sun 🌞 ! Today, let me show you some of my « Biscuit » collection . B...