mardi 18 mai 2021

What to do with vintage doilies.







 Hello  Friends,

I did not write on my blog for a few days, I was not feeling well.

Today, I will share with you the recipe to stiffen doilies.

Some years ago, I bought these doilies in some brocantes and had the idea of stiffen them to hang at the windows for Xmas.

I think I did it about four years ago and they still look nice.

You must keep them in a dry place to keep them stiff.

The recipe is 4 soup spoon sugar for 5 soup spoon water.

You may give them a shape or not when leaving them dry.

I have some more to do this week.

Today, I will be able to drive my car to an appointment, not very far... but I was not allowed to drive since my back surgery in September.

We will see if I have pains or not tonight.

Have a good day.

You may visit my other https://lemondedecatherine.blogspot.com/?m=1

4 commentaires:

  1. Hello Catherine, you are here again!:) I hope that you are better now. Look after yourself on your way and write about how you are tonight.
    The winter doilies are beautiful.I like to see Xmas decorations.I love them very much.
    All the best!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Bonjour Catherine, I am so glad to see a post from you and am glad that you are feeling better.
    The doilies are very pretty and would be lovely hanging in a window at Christmastime. I have some crocheted snowflakes that a friend made for me and she stiffened them, too, although she never told me how.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you stay that way!
    I love old doilies and appreciate the stiffener recipe.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I'm sorry you were not feeling well and I hope now you will get completely better.
    My mother used a sugar /water mixture to stiffen her doilies as well!

    RépondreSupprimer

Problem occurred with my last post.

 Sorry I had a problem with my last post I ´ll try to fix the problem this weekend. Hope you’ll enjoy your weekend! See you very soon.