lundi 10 mai 2021

Batch cooking day.

 Hello Friends,

Do you know batch cooking?

The youngsters  use it because they are in a hurry, work, children...

I am doing it now, because I am getting old and not in good health

So when I am tired the menu for the week is already done!

On Saturday we did our fruit and vegetable shopping and today I will order the rest from a big store and have my shopping delivered the next day.

I cooked cauliflower for a gratin, I prepared new potatoes from the island of Re a rice pudding with rhum apple and rhubarb tart the two yogurt makers are on making yogurt for the week.

Fresh beans are in the steamer.I crocheted a cover for the yogurt makers to keep them warmer and then goes one hour quicker.

I will continue to prepare fish and some chicken and the everything will be ready and I can do some drawing this afternoon.

I wish you a lovely week!









Before the storm we will have this afternoon! 




8 commentaires:

  1. It's such a good idea to prepare food ahead! I wish I would get around to doing that. Living alone it's nice to have something quick to just heat up. I found you through The Merry Needle's blog. I'll be checking back! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a good idea to have food prepared for the coming week. I have a menu made but prepare it daily.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I try to do batch cooking too. I like to make double meals and freeze one, then when I work a long day, the meal is ready.
    Such pretty flowers!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I am amazed at Batch Cooking! What a great idea. I bet you are tired afterwards, but then your dinners are done! The covers for the yogurt makers gave me a big smile. So cute and so practical, too!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I have not done batch cooking, except when I make a big stew or soup.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Batch Cooking works so well if you can get organized (I seldom am these days!). Love the yoghurt maker covers, they remind me of teapot cosies.
    Have a happy week :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Also, your flowers are so gorgeous! So besides being such a good cook, you are a great gardner as well.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. What a busy day you've had. I used to do more batch cooking, but with just the two of us, I don't so much anymore. It would be a good idea. I'm going to the market for fruits and vegetables this morning. Your yogurt maker covers are such a great idea!

    RépondreSupprimer

Preparing…

This morning I am preparing our children and grandchildren arrival, as we don’t know yet the date of their arrival. June or July? I bought a...