vendredi 15 mars 2024

From a nice Spring day to another rainy day !

 

Yesterday, I was looking at a book about crafts and I discovered how to use the fabric scraps I want to get rid of. There is a sort of Japanese Crazy patchwork called « Boro » you can use any scraps of different sizes assemble them and use different stitching to decorate and then as a back use a vintage sheet. This is what I intend to do if my sewing machine allows me to do it! 😆 here are some real scraps from « Liberty » and others from looking like it all small flowers and some white broderie. Then it makes a sort of quilt.
Yesterday afternoon I baked a pear and Speculoos biscuit crumble. It is so nice with their taste of cinamon.

Then for our meal an endive and Maroilles cheese pie.
This is a dish from the north of France.
Maroilles is a very smelly cheese, but when you cook it it is very mild and so good with endives 🥬 
Have a nice weekend !

6 commentaires:

  1. That's going to be a fun quilt! I can't wait to see it finished. I do hope your sewing machine behaves.
    Your pear crumble is beautiful!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hej Cattherine,
    Prachtig zijn die Liberty (en andere) stoffen.
    Heerlijke combinaties om van te smullen, zoet en hartig.
    Fijne dag, lieve groet Willy

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I'll be interested to see how your Boro quilt turns out. Sounds interesting. The pear crumble looks delicious and I do love a good savoury pie, too. Enjoy your weekend!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. What an unusual way of making a quilt. I think it will be very interesting.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Yes, the Japanese Crazy quilt will be so interesting to see. I hope your sewing machine cooperates!
    The pear crumble must have smelled so good and tasted even better.

    RépondreSupprimer

Preparing…

This morning I am preparing our children and grandchildren arrival, as we don’t know yet the date of their arrival. June or July? I bought a...