vendredi 17 novembre 2023

This and that..

Thèse are thé floorings in the north.
These are the cliffs erosion in our region!





It is “Black Friday” today, we usually buy things we need only. Last we we bought two mattresses because we needed some and it was already the Black Friday priced half price. Yesterday, I had a mail from The Netherlands where my favourite magazines comes from
“Daphne’s diary” it was Black Friday on their site and their DIY advent calendar was 25% discounted! So I decided to order it. Each day new thing to discover and then it is a cardboard storage for small items.

 At the moment in the North of France there are enormous flooding, six months rain in 30 days.

People have to abandoned their belongings and they don’t know when the rain will stop and if they will be able to go back to their homes.
In Normandy once again part of a cliff fell down and a house is now threatened to fall in the sea.
Already some houses are abandoned and roads on the cliffs along the shore are diverted.
It’s really sad to see such news nowadays more and more!
Today, I will sort out papers… things I don’t like to do, but it must be done. This afternoon I will work on my journal project and wait for new scrapbooking items to come…

Yesterday I had a blood test and the nurse had to come, she told me somebody in the village has been tested positive to Avian flu! e will have to put masks back in shops if we don’t want to catch it! Bad and sad times!

Thank you for coming!

4 commentaires:

  1. How horrible for the people who are having to leave their homes! Sending prayer for them!
    Love the little drawer cabinet! Really pretty!
    Be safe...
    hugs
    Donna

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I'm sorry about the flooding. It's sad to see cliffs wash out like that and houses be lost. That happens sometimes by the great lakes around our state as well.
    I love that advent calender - so cute and will be nice when it's done too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. We have similar erosion problems on our Pacific coast.
    That is a fun Advent calendar.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I am sorry to see all the damage , so difficult for those who have to leave their homes.

    RépondreSupprimer

No painting today, but a nice outing !

The beautiful apron I found today! I love it! A  A soy candle Today, it is warm and sunny. I should have done some painting… but we decided ...