jeudi 2 novembre 2023

A difficult night but we are ok.











I wanted to draw a pear on top, but it didn’t work

I have baked a caramel and pears 🍐 cake for Mr L!
(Not for me as I am on a diet 😱)
It is like a « pear tatin »

 The storm started at  3PM and the worst will be in a few hours. At the moment many homes have power cuts and many trees on the roads. In the garden at the moment many branches big or small on the ground.

By the window I can see three deers waiting for the end of the storm on the ground by a big bush.

No birds flying !

On our coast the wind is blowing at 200 kmh and some bridges are closed. The peninsula’s Brittany and Corentin had quite a lot of damages and waves  20 meters height .

I did not go out to look at the roof, but for the moment we only have lots of branches everywhere in the garden.

Well I have cancelled an appointment and will stay home as requested and do some crafting and cooking while waiting for the wind to stop.

Now we will have a break until Sunday the next storm!

8 commentaires:

  1. Best to stay at home! France is certainly getting more than its fair share of this storm. Stay safe!

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer
  2. It is good to read that you are OK after the stormy night.

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer
  3. I heard a national news report about the storm hitting much of Europe. Hang on. Keep us posted.

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer
  4. Yes, I saw on the news how severe it was in your country. Here, the storm was less intense. Nonetheless, we also had a fatality here in the Netherlands. The trees still have plenty of leaves, so they easily topple in the wind. I wish you a peaceful night, dear friend.

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer
  5. Thank God you are okay!

    Poor deer...

    The trees down like that are heartbreaking. Take care for Sunday's storm. Be careful. (Make more pear tarts! You can never be too sure. 😄)

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer
  6. I'm so glad to hear from you. That's a lot of damage. Thankful you are ok!

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer
  7. What a storm! Glad to hear from you.

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer
  8. Je suis vraiment dĂ©solĂ© pour les dĂ©sastres de la tempĂȘte... mĂȘme dans l'ouest de l'Italie, il y a eu beaucoup de dĂ©gĂąts. Heureusement dans ma rĂ©gion (la rĂ©gion de Venise) il a beaucoup plu mais il n'y a pas eu de dĂ©gĂąts.

    RĂ©pondreSupprimer

No painting today, but a nice outing !

The beautiful apron I found today! I love it! A  A soy candle Today, it is warm and sunny. I should have done some painting… but we decided ...