dimanche 2 avril 2023

Giverny and children painting exhibition .

Hello Friends !


After the very windy week, it is back to normal and last week I heard on our local radio that this weekend was the re opening of Giverny ´si painting museum.

We left early as we had one hour drive any arrived to the opening of the museum. I did not know it was free on the re opening day. The subject was children and I was very interested by these paintings, SO beautiful !

I think paintings with flowers match well together.

Then we decided to visit Monet’s garden as we always do two or three times a year. It did not rain and the garden was awakening, tulips starting to bloom…but it was very pleasant to visit the garden and to meet people from all over the world. After covid foreign visitors are back, many Americans, South Americans , Europeans  and lots of people from Paris, but very few from our département.

Then we had our lunch outside ( by 7 degrees C) but we enjoyed our meal. After our meal we went on Monet’s tombstone which is very close to his house.

I did some shopping ( I will show you my finds on Monday’s post)

We had a very nice day and I have enjoyed the view of beauty.



I love this beautiful painting























































 Hope you enjoy the visit!

4 commentaires:

  1. What a treat to see the lovely paintings, gorgeous flowers, and scenery. Thank you for taking me along on your outing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thank you! I will always remember my visit to Giverny on a lovely day on the first of May. That was about 16 years ago, part of an amazing trip.
    I like seeing what the garden looks like in early season, and the paintings are lovely. Monet is a favorite of mine.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. The paintings with children are so beautiful, you are lucky to be able to see them. I visited Monet's Garden at Giverny just once, in 2016 in early July. It was beautiful with summer flowers. I would love to see the garden in every season - your spring photos are so pretty. Thank you for sharing your outing with us.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Ik ben er nog nooit geweest, maar hopelijk gaat dat nog wel een keer gebeuren. Voor nu ben ik heel erg blij met dit mooie verslag.

    RépondreSupprimer

Getting garden decorations.

With a solar lamp These are what we choose from the little shop to put in our garden. This morning, we went to do some shopping for our gard...