mercredi 26 avril 2023

A tour at the thrift store.






I think the chairs are Napoleon III style???











Forget me not porcelain 


 Hello Friends,

Today, I must clean and paint the hen and rooster that are in the garden. First I must clean them and paint them. We don’t like them in black so I went to get little paint pots this morning and then went to the thrift shop

To get some old cups and saucers to do a DIY with them.

Today,we are back to cold 5C and all sorts of weather in one day! The peonies are blooming a lot now ( I think there will be about twenty on the bush)

I just come back from the thrift store, it was a long time I have not been there. This is what I found!

You never know what you are going to find! I did not know I was going to find two chairs 🪑 ( one has lost a piece on top but I don’t mind 20 euros for both.

And with the vintage porcelain tea cups and two vintage prayer books 10 euros. The embroidery is what we call a “ cache torchon” it was used to hide the kitchen tea towel ( it was like a curtain in front of the towels)

I must go and clean my finds now!

6 commentaires:

  1. You have found many beauties! I've been looking at the pictures for a while now and can't get enough of them. I was long time ago in a thrift shop. I do not have place for the things that I find there. I am so sorry!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. interesting finds at the thrift store. I'm thinking that the way you accumulate treasures, you should probably limit your visits to the thrift store. ;-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. You did good at the thrift store! The "cache torchon" is so interesting!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. You found lovely treasures!! I went to the thrift store today too but only found one treasure....a lovely red handbag. I thought it was leather but after looking up the brand on line I found that it's made of vegan leather. I didn't even know that existed.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Hej Catherine,
    Een bezoek aan de kringloop is altijd leuk en vooral als je ook nog mooie spullen kunt kopen. De cache torchon vind ik ook heel mooi.
    Groetjes Willy

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Oh I love the blue cake stand! Beautiful color!!
    hugs
    Donna

    RépondreSupprimer

Getting garden decorations.

With a solar lamp These are what we choose from the little shop to put in our garden. This morning, we went to do some shopping for our gard...