lundi 10 avril 2023

On our way back home.

A water colour we bought  of the house

A typical house along the river Seine ( beginning 20th C)
(Victor Hugo french writer)
On our way home under the rain, we stopped at Villequier Victor Hugo’s home by the river Seine.
We already went there many times and I like to see 
The garden in Spring, but … they are changing the garden for a tall ship festival we will have in June 
And there were no flowers!

Notre Dame










If you know Victor Hugo the river Seine is the place where his daughter Léopoldine died.

 Victor Hugo’s bedroom.

We visited his house in Guernesey when he was in exile
It was also a beautiful with a sea view.
I hope you all had a very nice Easter and thank you for your Easter wishes.
Now a new page of the book is turning on the 12th…I will be 67 on that day! My son informed me that my Birthday present  🎁 was already in the mail box! But I must not open it before the 12th, it will be long!

4 commentaires:

  1. I noticed all the mansions and stately homes along the River Seine as we sailed on our river boat criuse from Honfleur to Paris.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I have looked through all the pictures from your trip, and I love it. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Visiting old houses is something I love to do. Beautiful photos. Yes, I remember reading Hugo's poem about Leopoldine's drowning. It made me cry.

    RépondreSupprimer

Getting garden decorations.

With a solar lamp These are what we choose from the little shop to put in our garden. This morning, we went to do some shopping for our gard...