mercredi 1 décembre 2021

Preparing “Noel”

 Hello Friends,

I have a busy life at the moment and try to do my Xmas decoration.

All the bulbs are planted for Spring, I had a first answer of a retirement home for my mother.

We have been working hard to empty her flat and cleaned it.

This weekend, we must take a break and have a rest, before my son arrives from Dubai.

Growing numbers of people having the virus,

Mr L is working hard with many patients a day, it is still a sad time we are going through, but I try to be positive and prepare Christmas as usual.

I have put lots of lights in my decoration, the lights of Advent and joy. The weather is very dull , lots of grey skies and rain, but this morning I saw a rainbow.

I still have the decoration of the stairs to finish.



But, today I found some time to begin my Xmas tree!







Did you start your decoration?

Now I am thinking of the Xmas menu.
I have to find veggie recipes for my son’s wife.

I decided to cook a fish terrine and some smoked salmon as a starter. I must find the main dish ( we usually have turkey or roasted goose, but this year  I think we will have “ coquilles Saint Jacques “
Scallops, as a dessert a cake with chestnut mousse and “ marrons glaces” with sugar coated chestnuts.
Waiting to see your Christmas trees!



4 commentaires:

  1. Your tree is absolutely beautiful. I like the mice carollers.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I have all of my decorating done except the two trees we will put up. One is a travel tree and the other is a memory and collection tree, not decorator style at all.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Beautiful decorations! My grandkids decorated my tree, so it is perfectly imperfect. ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. It is good to decorate with lots of lights, we need it in this dark time of year. I have no decorations done this year since we will be moving into our new home some few days before Christmas. So I have no idea about how my decorations will be! I think it will be a bit minimalist style.

    RépondreSupprimer

Garden and countryside.

Today, I had to go back to the shop we bought our table and chairs. The delivery man yesterday said I had to go back to the shop, something ...