mardi 14 décembre 2021

Trying to set and decorate Christmas table!

 Hello Friends ,

Today, I am trying to set the table for Xmas, before ironing the tablecloth.

This year I will use my vintage traditional plates.

I found Xmas crackers at the last minute , it’s difficult to find here, but I like to start the dinner by opening Xmas crackers. Usually my son bring them from Dubai

From Marks & Spencer or from Waitrose , but I don’t know if he had time to buy some.

And what I ask him to bring are mince pies, i love them!

No Xmas without mince pies!

Sometimes he also brings a Christmas pudding.

Do you eat traditional cakes for Christmas ?

Here we have our traditional cake which is a Xmas log 

It has the shape of a wooden log.

I usually put some chocolates , I found some and a Xmas lollipop for each of our guest!

The tablecloth is a very old one found in an antique shop a long time ago. It needs a good ironing.

I used mismatched  glasses , because I wanted a touch of red, Christmas colour ! All the decoration being white.














5 commentaires:

  1. Your Christmas table is very elegant. When are you eating your Christmas dinner? If you have it set already you must have somewhere else to eat for other meals?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Your tablecloth is gorgeous and the china lovely. I find setting the table 'just so' for guests is the fun part. Making all the food is more work. On the subject of cakes for Christmas I have a sister-in-law that used to make the most elegant Buche de Noel. If I remember correctly she even put little meringue mushrooms on it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I think Christmas crackers look like such fun. We don't have them around here.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. What a beautiful table setting you made. I love the plates and the red glasses along with all the white are just perfect. The tablecloth is a true work of art - it must take some time to iron! The embroidery is exquisite.
    I don't care for mince tarts nor Christmas pudding, so I don't make them. I didn't grow up with them. I often make a Buche de Noel - do you make yours or purchase it? I've seen some really good looking ones in photos of French bakeries. Your home looks very cozy.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I also wanted to mention that we don't have Christmas crackers, either. They, along with the pudding and mince tarts are from English traditions, and many Canadians who have that heritage, have them at Christmas. My heritage is more German.

    RépondreSupprimer

Preparing…

This morning I am preparing our children and grandchildren arrival, as we don’t know yet the date of their arrival. June or July? I bought a...