jeudi 16 décembre 2021

A surprise…



 Hello Friends !

This morning, I was going to do some shopping, when I had a phone call from the firm that was going to change my doors and windows. Somebody has cancelled and they ask me if they could come in an hour!

It was the panic! They will stay here until next Tuesday and my son arrives on Saturday ! But I could not say no, I have been waiting since September. Because of Covid all is delayed.

Well I am beginning to freeze in the house, because windows opened I had to stop the boiler.

 I managed to bake an Apfel Strudel and there is a good smell in the house!


I finished my Xmas tree, but tonight we will have to move furnitures that are too close to the windows.

I like small glass birds in the tree, I bought them on Colmar Xmas market a long time ago. Colmar is in Alsace ( east of France)

The only colour in my tree is the red Father Xmas from Alsace.
















Back door. My craft room.

Laundry window and store room window.

No more little square windows like the third picture!

Tomorrow french doors and one room upstairs.

I am satisfied of the first windows. Bring more light inside! 




6 commentaires:

  1. Your Christmas tree is beautiful. It is nice to see how people decorate their tree. I hope the doors and windows will be done quick. Apfel Strudel sounds good. I know it will be great to get your son home!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. A rather shocking surprise, indeed. It sounds like you are finding a way to cope with it. Good luck.
    Your Christmas tree is very beautiful. I have lots of birds on my tree also, but in bright colors.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. It's exciting to be getting new windows and doors, but it does sound cold. Your tree is so pretty! I have birds on mine too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Your new doors and windows look good, but it is an inconvenient time to have workmen around. You are being very flexible. All your glass ornaments are beautiful, and the Apple Strudel sounds very delicious.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. A long time ago when I was just a child we had birds such as you have, on our tree. Also real little candles in their cute metal holders. I wish I still had them.
    I hope all goes well when the new doors and windows go in!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I love the ornaments, especially Father Christmas! I look forward to pics when the window work is finished. I love lots of light! :)

    RépondreSupprimer

My collection.

The peonies is slowly opening, it is long because we don’t have enough sun 🌞 ! Today, let me show you some of my « Biscuit » collection . B...