samedi 11 décembre 2021

A busy Saturday morning.


 










Hello Friends,


Today one of my blog is fixed, so I can use it as usual.
This morning, we went to do some of our Xmas shopping. The small town  was crowded. The “Foie gras” market took place this morning. There are three markets during December .   Here , you may buy what you need to do your own “Foie gras “ as it is a custom here in the countryside. I am not keen on that dish, but most people are.

We went to get the wine for Xmas lunch,  buy a new coat for Mr Bandit and some dog biscuits.
I went to get the butternut for my Xmas recipe and ordered the turkey at the butcher and Xmas cake at the “Patisserie”. I nearly did what was on my list.

My son has sent me a message from the plane and one to say he had arrived in Paris.

The weather  here is a winter one, but grey without any snow, not a real Xmas weather! 

I hope the weather will allow us to go to the Xmas market at the castle tomorrow, it was going to rain all day, but I think it will improve tomorrow, if we are lucky!

We quickly came home as Mr L  is on duty until 8 to night, I hope not too much Covid patients… but here  it is the fifth wave  and hospitals are very crowded.
This year, we will be very happy to gather with our children , in those very special days, we will enjoy 
Our day and lunch together. I want this Christmas to be special!

I wish you a  Happy weekend, preparing Christmas!





3 commentaires:

  1. You sound like you are well on the way to being ready for Christmas. What a good time you will have with your family. Last year was so odd, and I'm really looking forward to being with our children and grandchildren this year.
    Covid continues here, too, but the vaccines have really helped lessen the number of severe cases.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. It looks very festive over there.
    Covid is bad here too. My hubby had to go to a funeral today, of a 46 year old work friend who passed of covid. So sad!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. We are looking forward to Christmas with family too, and today we attended a little party with gardening friends. Tuesday we will host a little afternoon tea/coffee party with retired teacher friends.

    RépondreSupprimer

My collection.

The peonies is slowly opening, it is long because we don’t have enough sun 🌞 ! Today, let me show you some of my « Biscuit » collection . B...