vendredi 10 décembre 2021

Christmas cookies recipe.





 Hello Friends,

This morning we had a very, very bad weather, but now the wind and rain have stopped and sun is back!
Mr Bandit does not want to get up!
Too bad a weather for him!
Some of the fields around are flooded.
I won’t go out shopping and I will have a rest knitting by the fire.
It was this and I did that…

For Lorrie and those of you who are interested!
Coquins fourrés aux groseilles.
300 gr wheat flour
160 gr white sugar
One paquet vanilla sugar ( or about two tea spoons)
1 pinch of salt
200gr butter
100gr powdered almonds ( or for me fine hazelnut powder.)
2 spoons of milk ( or more to get a soft dough)

For the filling:
150gr gooseberry jelly( or 225gr pralin hazelnut paste)
25gr icing sugar.

To make the dough:
In a bowl mix all ingredients to get a soft dough.
Pre heat oven: 180C or 160C if you use convection.
Lower the dough and cut the biscuits with a cutting shape. One plain and the other make a hole in the middle using a cutting shape of your choice.
Bake for 9 mn ( keeping an eye on the oven! )
Slide the biscuits from the baking paper to a pastry grid ( they are very fragile)

Filling: 
Put a small amount of filling of your choice and put the second part of the biscuit on top.
Then sprinkle the icing sugar on top.
My adaptation of the original recipe is to replace the almonds in the dough by fine hazelnut powder and the fruit jelly or jam, by Pralin ( here hazelnut paste or almond paste or Nutella)


And I sprinkled caramelised hazelnuts in the middle stars!


If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. The recipe is in Celsius degrees .
Next is coming my  «  gingerbread with candied oranges »








2 commentaires:

Garden and countryside.

Today, I had to go back to the shop we bought our table and chairs. The delivery man yesterday said I had to go back to the shop, something ...