mardi 27 juillet 2021

What to do with old maps? And souvenirs from Japan.





 Hello Friends,

Some years ago we bought this paper binder ( don’n know if it is the right word?) it was a cheap, plain one and I did’nt know what to do with it to match with the room decoration, in the study.
I had old maps of France I wanted to re use somewhere…
I painted the paper binder in white and then did a collage with the maps.
I must change the places of the drawers because as you can see Corsica is above Brittany… it’s  in total disorder!
I also changed the drawer handles.
Now it is a part of the decoration and I the old maps have a second use! When dry, I put some white acrylic paint on a cloth and did a sort of patina on top of it.
Hope you enjoy your day.


I have posted these souvenirs from Japan on my other blog and I thought it might interest you.
There are souvenirs from our trip to Japan, Kyoto and Nara.

3 commentaires:

  1. What a great idea! I love maps and wouldn't have thought of that. Now to see where I could do something similar.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. you are so wise to use old maps and paper binder as beautifully dear Catherine :)

    i enjoyed learning how you did it.
    lovely video .
    blessings to you and loved ones!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. What a great use for old maps on your file cabinet - that's what it's called in English. I have a lot of old sea charts from boating that I would like to use in some way. You've given me an idea!

    RépondreSupprimer

Our daily routine is back

 Hello friends! like this picture of grandpa and Maxime at the zoo.) Yesterday, we had Maxime on Skype. He was happy to see us and happy dad...