vendredi 30 juin 2023

Thank you

 Dear Friends,

Many, many thanks for your condolences, prayers  and for your friendship. As you know, I am an only child (a lonely child) now I have lost my two parents.

I had a very busy week organising the funerals, so many things to think about. Yesterday I went to see the priest to organise this morning at the Catholic Church.

Choose the hymns , prayers and music.

My son arrived from Dubai yesterday and we met my daughter this morning. When you are 95 years old you don’t have many family and friends left, so we were only a few, but we don’t need to be a lot to pray and meditate . It took place  in the church where my parents got married, where I was baptised and married.

I did my best and have the feeling to have accomplished what I had to do for her. We gathered for a quick lunch and reminded of the past with our children , the time they spent with their grandparents and  after this sad moment it is nice to talk together and feel better.

She will stay in our hearts.

8 commentaires:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. You can only do so much. Take time to grieve.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. And so it is finished, but never forgotten. Have peace in knowing you honored your mother well. Peace be with you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I'm sure it is hard doing this as an only child. You've taken good care of her, and can look back without regret.
    Now you can take some time to rest.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. The entire responsibility fell on you but it seems you coped very well. How nice that your children could come for the funeral and reminisce about time spent with their grandmother. May she rest in peace.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. You did your best and it is good. When I had to organize my mother's funeral I also tried to do my best. She died five years ago and I think about her every day.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I'm glad you had a sweet luncheon with her friends and your son and daughter... Sending you hugs and love!
    hugs
    Donna

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Lovely to have that family time together.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. You had a lot to do recently. I'm so glad you gathered together as family to pray and meditate and honour your mother. As the days pass you will relive memories and think about her a lot. May you find deep comfort.

    RépondreSupprimer

Preparing…

This morning I am preparing our children and grandchildren arrival, as we don’t know yet the date of their arrival. June or July? I bought a...