mercredi 7 septembre 2022

Forth and fifth days in Friesland




Today Dutch cheese and a day of relaxation in the fields with sheeps goats and horses in our outdoor bedroom box




MR L relaxing after long drives

Breakfast in the B&B this morning
View of Dokkum

















This is were the lady preparing the meal slept near by the kitchen in the basement.







Yesterday we visited some museums and castle 
Willy from «  De tante van Tjorven » fron the Netherlands helped me to find the places of interest in the province of Groningen. Now we are in Dokkum in the province of Friesland.

 Fraeylemaborg. ( borg means Castel )












The attic were they dried the clothes

Closed beds for the servants
My favorite room the kitchen !
Wei visited two cathles and a reconstruction of an old village ( I will put the names tonight because the book is in the car and the names are very complicated for us to remember !
The photos mixed up while loading.




5 commentaires:

  1. What a delightful collection of photos from your vacation, Catherine. I enjoy seeing the variety of places you've stayed in. The dishes in the cabinet are so beautiful - I enlarged the photo on my screen to see the details better. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. You find very interesting places to lay down your head and go to sleep!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. You do find some most interesting hotels! I too loved the collection of dishes.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. My great grandparents came to the USA from Friesland. They didn't have homes like this though. Just beautiful!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Beautiful places you're visiting. Museums and castles are full of interesting things.

    RépondreSupprimer

My collection.

The peonies is slowly opening, it is long because we don’t have enough sun 🌞 ! Today, let me show you some of my « Biscuit » collection . B...