vendredi 15 juillet 2022

Where are the green prairies of Normandy ?


This is a  cookie bucket  and butter dish I keep, they are from England. I love these little thatched houses!

 This morning before the weekend, I did some cleaning 🧹 in the 🏠 house, cleaning the floors, making a lot of yogurts , plain one and strawberry 🍓 ones.


Then I cleaned the toys I found yesterday with washing liquid and white vinegar. They are like new! I have to put new batteries in one of them. I am quite pleased with them! And they are very shiny.




Then I went in the garden to have a look at what the heat did to the plants and lawn.

We water every evening…


No hemerocallis flowers and nearly burnt

The farmer did not do the harvest yet. Last time they came with the combine they have cut a large path to prevent harvest fire. We have a lot at the moment because of the heat, the dust catches fire.


The rose bush are suffering a lot .
This afternoon I am watching Hercule Poirot and I am going to finish reading my book.
On Monday and Tuesday it will be 40 C degrees again so tomorrow I will do the shopping for the week and stay inside. I hope we will be back to normal soon.


6 commentaires:

  1. Years ago I bought a darling teapot that was a similar thatched roof little house. Had it for years and then when I had a yard sale I let it go. On more than one occasion I have missed it. Hope someone else has been enjoying it. Enjoy your blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. It's hard on plants and also on people when the temperature rises too high. I hope the weather changes soon and becomes cooler.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. It's still green here, but very dry. We were supposed to get rain today, but it just ended up being a very little.
    Good job on getting those toys all clean and shiny!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. It makes me sad when one heat spell can wipe out a whole summer of crops and flowers and green grass. That happened to us last year. I hope you get relief fast. It would be nice for your little one to be able to play outside.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Its so dry here too...no rain for weeks. The garden is like Sahara...
    Love from Titti

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. The heat sounds like it will be intense. What damage it does to gardens and crops. I hope the heat soon eases and rain comes.

    RépondreSupprimer

Preparing…

This morning I am preparing our children and grandchildren arrival, as we don’t know yet the date of their arrival. June or July? I bought a...