jeudi 7 juillet 2022

Summer Armada, Tall ships in Rouen.

In 335 days the Armada ( tall ships) will take place again in Rouen!
When the children were younger and still with us we did a cruise from Rouen to Le Havre all the way down the river Seine and under the bridges on this tall ship «  Mir » it was a beautiful experience and a nice day, something you only do once in your life. 
( source net)

Before I was living in a village by the river Seine and each four years we gathered with our picnic on the river banks to see the tall ships come up or down the river and listen to the sailor’s songs.
( source net)
This is our favourite the Mexican one.( source net)
The opening bridge in Rouen
We used to go very early with the children to visit the ships before the crowd and get their stamps on a special book.

This one was not in Rouen but I took the picture in Brittany in Saint Malo.

Every evening there is a fire work above the river.

 This is the Mexican one « Cuauthemoc »
It is a nice event we enjoy to go each 4 years!
I know the tall ships are going to other countries, I saw some in Bergen( Norway) once  are they going to your country?


2 commentaires:

  1. I hope they come to Falmouth again. I have seen them a few times here and it is a wonderful sight.

    RépondreSupprimer

Problem occurred with my last post.

 Sorry I had a problem with my last post I ´ll try to fix the problem this weekend. Hope you’ll enjoy your weekend! See you very soon.