mercredi 13 juillet 2022

July 14th our National day



  Yesterday morning early before the high heat I went to give water to the birds and a wasp 🐝 was going to get drowned so I managed to get her out of the water.

This morning I went to renew the water, but this time I put it full so that it will be easier for insects to drink … and while I was pouring the water she came beside me and managed to drink fresh water. She was waiting for me!  She is drinking a lot.


At one o’clock it is 31C and 25 inside. We only use the air conditioner at night and use a ventilator downstairs during the day.
We water the garden at night but the vegetation suffers a lot. Today we should have 33C and this weekend 40C! The lawn is all burned and we have fires in some fields, my house being in the middle of fields I am very scared!
Tomorrow is our National day, July the 14th, we usually have fireworks, but due to the heat and fires most of them are cancelled.





But this time no rain for the military parade, but they will be hot tomorrow!
( pictures from last year in Paris on tv)

3 commentaires:

  1. It was probably wise to cancel any fireworks if the threat of fire is high. I hope you find other ways of celebrating the day.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Happy Bastille Day! Like us, the red, white and blue day! Have some fun without melting.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Happy Bastille Day! I love the pictures. Sorry it's so dry though, those fires are scary.

    RépondreSupprimer

Speculoos paste and oatmeal cookies with chicory cream.

This morning I decided to bake northern french recipes A dessert with chicory, the taste of chicory is very nice, it is a bit like caramel. ...