dimanche 16 janvier 2022

What to do on a Sunday?




Article about Snowdrops. For those who want to know the french word it is “ Perce- neige” ( coming through the snow)


 Hello Friends,
Yesterday, I bought the first tulips of the winter. They are not coming from my garden, but from The Netherlands 🇳🇱! The problem with tulips, is that they keep growing when cut.

⛄️
I received one of my favorite magazine “esprit d’ici”
It’s a beautiful magazine about country living and this one is about snowdrops and a “ kouglof “ recipe.
A speciality from Alsace ( east of France”)
Nice pictures of wildlife and a nice magazine to read by a winter afternoon!
( source: Esprit d’ici  number 60 janvier février)


And I will also read “ Bécassine”
À Bécasse is a bird and Bécassine is not very intelligent and has the brain of a bird!
We used to read her adventures when we were young ( younger 😊!)
I found it in a museum , when we went to Falaise castle and museum with my son.



There is a museum about the life of civilians during world war 2 and this is were I found this book. This is a comic.

( source Bécassine Gautier Langereau)

Mr L went to do a little shopping for the birds and brought me the white Hyacinths! I love their perfume.
I wish you a peaceful Sunday.

I had some news from my son and they have chosen the baby’s name and it will be Maxime!



3 commentaires:

  1. I like your flowers. Mr L is a very good husband if he brought you Hyacints.:)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I have snowdrops blooming in my yard, right outside my big family window where I can see them from inside.
    Tulips do keep growing when they are picked. I take them out of the vase and chop them off and put them back in.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Because Tulips grow and fall over when cut is a reason I don't often buy any (or bring any in from my garden). But they are beautiful.
    The scent of Hyacinths can fill a room with such perfume. Lovely.

    RépondreSupprimer

Trying to do Spring cleaning outside!

Hello Friends! On Saturday, we decided to clean the terrace with a high pressure cleaner and we could not finish due to power cut! Something...