mardi 7 mai 2024

A discovery !

Today, the exterminator came and we did not know what we were going to find?
But these two weeks I saw the male pigeon waiting most of the time on the chimney and I had a doubt… but how a pigeon can go down all the way on top of the fire place?
We love birds and nourish them and protect them, that’s why lady pigeon is living with us in the fire place listening to TV and not scare of noises.
So I decided to leave her until the babies and mother can fly out!
The exterminator never came across a pigeon in a fireplace! She was nesting during two weeks and now she is very silent and getting out just to feed.( I saw the two of them briefly outside yesterday)
We could not open the fireplace door the nest being over it!

This is our first roses the purple ones that have a very nice perfume.
We had to cut part of my beautiful rose bush because it was uplifting the roof tiles 
End of my yellow peonies flowers.

 A nice view of my purple rose.

Tomorrow will be a busy day painting! Another few bank holidays.
I wish you a good day.

7 commentaires:

  1. I also have the purple rose! Love it...
    I feel the same about birds...I'm an old softie! lol
    hugs
    Dona

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. When I was in France, I was always amazed at how many roses there were on the streets, in the gardens and in front of the houses. Your roses are beautiful.
    You made a good decision about the birds.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I like your plan for the birds.
    That purple rose is just gorgeous!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. That would have been a tough decision for me, to leave the mama bird there, but if you are not using the fireplace, I guess leaving her is fine. How will the babies fly out?

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. That is a most unusual rose, I dont think I have seen a purple one.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. It is amazing when birds pick the strangest places for their nests. I hope you will be able to see the babies after they hatch. You have such lovely roses!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. These birds choose the strangest places to make their nests.
    Υou made the best decision to leave them until the young fly!
    Your roses are perfect!

    RépondreSupprimer

Working hard on our project.

Yesterday, I found these two outside solar lamps   That o will use for our garden project. Some more roses coming out We must get some black...