mardi 28 septembre 2021

Going back home.

This is a view from the fortifications.
Hello Friends 
As you can see, cruise boats are starting again. There were some tourists, but at this time of the year, it was mostly retired people .
There are lots of small islands all around.
This is the « Promenade » out of the walls. We are three km from the fortified town, so it’s a good walk each day!
A nice hotel, the thalassotherapy of Saint Malo. My son stayed there during his honeymoon in France.
The pirate Surcouf with a seagull on his head….
It would be nice to live there sometimes!

Another fortification


And finally the sea, before we leave.

In fact, we went there, to have a rest, but also to look the houses for our retirement. We are searching the right place, not too far from our daughter , not too far from an airport for our son and not too far from a good hospital and think of old age! A new hospital is been built!
Tomorrow I will collect Mr Bandit from it’s kennel and we will plan another trip to Netherlands soon, I hope!
Here is a picture of me taken by Mr L. With my walking stick since my surgeries and lots of bonus kilos! But here I am!



On the road back home!
See you soon.

7 commentaires:

  1. I hope you will find a house and a location that is perfectly suited to your needs! And that just makes a good feeling in your hearts. What a lovely town and seaside. I was surprised to see the cruise ship! My gosh they are huge now. You look good with your "stick" and I admire how you don't let it stop you from participating in walks and in life!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. After surgeries, I often use a stick for walking too. How fun to search for a retirement home is such a beautiful location.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. You are doing very well if you can walk that 3km walk back and forth even if you do take your cane for support.
    It's exciting to look at different locations with retirement in mind. I hope you find a place that you will love.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Hope you manage to find the right home for your retirement years. Good luck with the search :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. How lovely to see a photo of you. I hope you enjoyed looking for your retirement home. It's an important decision. Beautiful sea views.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. It was a lovely time away! I love that house on the island!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I have enjoyed so much to see the photos from your vacation. It looks like you had a great time. I think it must be a wonderful place for a retirement home. A nice photo of you.

    RépondreSupprimer

A cold and Easter chocolate.

Hello Friends! Since a few days I was not feeling well. Tomorrow I was very cold with fever I thought it was my fifth covid! But my husband ...