lundi 12 août 2024

Feeling better and finished the work.

 Today, the temperature will be around 35C but feeling 39 C! 102,2 F . Closing all doors and windows early this morning I have 25 C downstairs, but upstairs it is more than 25 but we have air conditioning upstairs so we can sleep well.

This weekend I was a little sore after my fall, but I continued my cupboard transformation and it is done!

The garden is suffering from the heat and some days ago we had a thunderstorm and strong wind  and we discovered a big broken branch, the third one from this tree. It is about 40 years old and I don’t know if it will survive ???

But I have a few of these that are are still in the ground and I have a couple of them in the ground that I have to keep in the ground for a while to keep them alive and I have a lot of them in my garden and I have a bunch of them in a pot that I can keep in the garden for a while and I have a few of them in there that I can plant in the ground and I can put them in the ground 
I like the toile de jouy on the doors, but it was quite difficult to do for this piece of furniture is hand made and has more than a 100 years. It was in my child bedroom 
And my father founded it in a cellar full of apple cider 
Needless to say it was in a bad condition but he restored it
And I am glad to have made this transformation .
I already did the outside transformation a few months ago.


My cake stands have now a place in it

I just have to finish installing the led lamps in some places.

I think I ´ll go upstairs with the air conditioning ! It is TOO hot! 🥵 

4 commentaires:

  1. It's beautiful. Toile de Jouy always looks lovely.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. The old cupboard from your childhood is a wonderful piece. I like the way you've done the exterior also the toile inside.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. That cupboard is beautiful! You've done a great job with it, and the history of it makes it even more special.
    Hope you are staying cool!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thank you for sharing the history of this cupboard. It makes it very special.

    RépondreSupprimer

This and that…

Hello Friends! This morning I went to the garden centre to get some bulbs and some rosemary for my little garden and a little grocery. I dec...