mercredi 21 août 2024

Baking experience.

Mirabelle plums.

 Yesterday I told you my son was in Iceland. 🇮🇸 we chatted on Skype while he was having his lunch and for sweet he was having a skyr cake ( Icelandic cheese cake)As I eat skyr everyday I had the idea to bake one today.

He is now waiting for his plane to fly to Greenland but it is a lot delayed then he will embark the sailing boat for  10 days.


This is what I received yesterday.

The Skyr cake will be soon ready !
It is less fattening than cheese cake 
450gr skyr
2eggs
80 gr digestive type biscuits 
1 spoon of honey 
80 gr brown sugar
1lemon zest
The same as the usual cheese cake.
Crushed biscuits +melted butter to make the crust.
Then skyr+ eggs+sugar+honey+lemon zest.
Add the Skype preparation on top of the mixed crushed biscuits and butter.
Bake 45 mn oven 160 degrees Celsius

I will taste it when cold!

5 commentaires:

  1. I see Greek yogurt can be substituted for Skyr as long as the fat percentage is the same. I imagine the cake will be delicious.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I've never heard of Skyr, but if it's like cheesecake, I bet it's good!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Iceland is very beautiful. We saw the same waterfall when we were there, and the lupins.
    The Skyr cheesecake sounds delicious.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Don't know what Skyr is but the pies look Wonderful!!
    Loved the videos...
    hugs
    Donna

    RépondreSupprimer

New holiday finds!

Hello friends! First of all, Bandit is very happy to be home again!before we left I saw on a decoration shop’s Facebook in the place we were...