jeudi 11 juillet 2024

Rouen Cathedral is on fire!





At the moment my daughter has sent me this picture of our Cathedral in Rouen on fire. Some works were having taken place at the moment and a short circuit maybe the cause of it and unfortunately it is not raining today!
Monet’s Cathedral is on fire!
Hope they’ll be able to stop the fire, we should have been to the cathedral tomorrow but all the streets around it are closed and we don’t know what is going to happen.

We are going out this afternoon while the weather is fine!

7 commentaires:

  1. OH NO !! What an awful thing to happen. I hope the fire can be quickly contained.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oh, that's terrible news. I hope the fire is soon out with minimal damage. We visited the cathedral in 2016 and saw photos of the damages from WWII.
    I just looked on the news and it seems the fire is under control.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I saw that on our News today and felt very sad.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Oh no! I will have to check the news. That was one of the memorable places we visited quite a few years ago.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope they were able to stop it. I'll have to look it up.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I pray they were able to put it out quickly! Too many churches burning, lately!
    hugs
    Donna

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Yes, like Notre Dam a few years ago. I hope it was not intentional!

      Supprimer

A very hot day.

Today, we went to the windmill to get some fresh flour then we decided to go shopping. We are used to go shopping each time we go there. Aft...