lundi 24 juin 2024

Le Landemer urville nacqueville Cotentin.

Hello friends,

I am back for a few days. We had a very hard time when our son was I’ll and stayed in hospital in Dubaï.
We have been very worried, now he is feeling better and they should arrive next weekend if he is well enough.
This weekend was the weekend of our Birthday gift from our children, so we closed the gate and went away to relax. It was a nice hotel with a very nice sea view and a gastronomic meal.
We arrived on Friday evening, unpacked and put our clothes in the wardrobe, then went to have supper outside. « L’Auberge des Grottes » jobourg.
On top of the cliff ( land’s end)
We had a nice meal and a nice relaxed evening there.


This view is from our hotel restaurant 

But something désagréable happened to me !
When I wanted to get dressed for the supper at the restaurant my garments had been stolen!
It’s the first time i had stolen clothes in a hotel!
I was disappointed and very angry and when I noticed the problem they considered me as a liar…I am so disappointed !
But they accepted a refund as I had just bought the garment but did not have time to wear it I had the shop ticket. It is a pity such things happen in such a place!
The most important is that our son gets better!
 
The next day, we visited the British Second World War m new memorial






When going to a famous biscuit shop we discovered this Medieval fortifications 
this is the vintage biscuit shop. Not only biscuits, but jam, spices, alcohol….


Cherries in alcohol 

Beautiful English china


View from the room
Smallest harbour of France Port Racine



We visited and got lost in the exotic garden ( Vauville)

Now it is getting hot here I think Summer has finally arrived!
Have a nice week.

5 commentaires:

  1. Catherine! This is such a beautiful place! I love the views, the buildings, the memorial. Not the loss of your clothes though or that they thought you were lying.
    The best news is that your son is home and I am praying they still get to visit.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. What a nasty thing to happen. How unpleasant of the hotel to be so rude to you. Hoping all will go well for the visit.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. There are lots of ups and downs in this post. Good and not so good.
    I hope your son continues to make progress in his recovery.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I'm so glad your son is getting better and hopefully will arrive soon with his little family. I am shocked that you were not believed when you said your clothes had been stolen from the hotel. Very poor treatment from what I assume was a nice hotel.
    I enjoyed all your photos. Nice area.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I hope that your son is better and can come to you soon with his family. The photos are beautiful again. I wish you all the best.

    RépondreSupprimer

Ready for tomorrow !

Hello Friends, I have been busy moving the furniture and preparing the « dormitory »! Some of the toy are downstairs but most of them are in...