samedi 1 juin 2024

A lighthouse.




My favourite light house

Fields with stone walls
A small harbour
This is on top of the cliff the place we will go end of June. ( the little house)
When I was” younger” I would climb up the cliff with my son ( twenty years ago) go up to the little restaurant on the previous picture.

Les parapluies de Cherbourg manufacture.
Do you know the film? Les parapluies de Cherbourg.
They are making very strong expensive umbrellas.


Maybe you are wondering why I took this picture?
We are June 1rst and the D-Day commemorations are beginning! Tonight there will be fireworks all along the coast for the 80th anniversary so all the jeeps and vehicles from the Second World War are on the roads to the beaches!
I found a mug for my son 
Our hotel  we are on top with a balcony

The theatre 

 And market day!

3 commentaires:

  1. Looks like a great little get away.
    I learned when we were in Normandy how sacred much of that area is to the French, still feeling gratitude for the free world coming to their rescue, now 80 years ago.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. It looks like you had a very nice day. I find it very touching that D-day is still commemorated there.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. What a beautiful and historic place!!
    The lighthouse, the burial monument.
    After all, it is not only the beauty that makes a place rare but also the history it carries!!
    Thank you for the opportunity to see this historical place in a different way!!

    RépondreSupprimer

New in the kitchen!

Today, I went grocery shopping and I also stopped at Action to add some colours to my dried hydrangeas bouquet and I found what I needed ( s...